Tuesday, December 15, 2009

...One step back.

164.8 today. Why are you up, you ask? Several reasons.

First, my mother is in town. Love her to pieces? Yes, I do. Does having your mother by your side all the time complicate things? Certainly, it does. It's also a very busy and stressful time of year, which doesn't help.

I binged last night on ginger snap cookies. I binged because it's stressful to be with my mom 24/7, even though it all seems great on the surface. I just need some time alone, and last night when I got home she had gone to bed and I felt like "Ooh, yay I have some 'me' time." Unfortunately I followed some old patterns and I ate. Not cool, yes, I know. I haven't binged in weeks, and am feeling just awful (physically) today. Due to crazy schedule stuff, I haven't been to an OA meeting in 2 weeks, and feel a little removed from the healing. As I write this, this is probably the time in which I need OA the most, so I will make a point to try to at least get to a phone meeting tonight or tomorrow.

Am doing well food-wise today, because 1) I forgave myself for last night 2) because I want to feel better physically. I can't believe that I used to binge, and then have this awful, bloated feeling all the time. I really did that, you know. It was out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment