Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Has it really been 20 days since I updated? I bet you thought I jumped off the wagon, right? You'd be wrong.

Weighing in at 166.4 this morning, which means I'm down 2.5 pounds down in 20 days. Not fast weight loss by any stretch of the imagination, but slow and steady wins the race.

I'll post more substance soon, I promise. I'm still going to OA meetings and am trying to incorporate this way of life into my own busy life. I'm happier and more grounded than I've been in a long time, but I still struggle with cravings every day. I thought it would be done by now, that by this point in the program I'd have "gotten it", but the change that this program instigates is so deep and so fundamental that it takes a long time for a person to really absorb in her bones.
The new job is going well. I am trying to live a slower, more authentic life, and be grateful and present in every minute. I'm out of my fat jeans and comfortably into a size 12 again. I'm a little amazed that I've been my own hero for this long already.

No comments:

Post a Comment