Monday, October 12, 2009

Quick check

173.4 today

Ate well all day, but once I picked up my sons and faced The Hours, I lost it just a little.

I decided to walk with my sons to a nearby restaurant for dinner just for something to do with all that time. At the restaurant I ordered a glass of wine and a green salad, and ended up eating 3 bites of my salad (the dressing was not nearly as inviting as it sounded on the menu), and half of my son's french fries, with ketchup. Restaurants seem to be not such a good choice for me right now. Then, after that, I was feeling like a failure so I ate a Charms lollipop.

On the bright side, where I am now is worlds better than where I was four weeks ago, and light years better than where I've been for the past year, when this latest 10-pound binge began. I will tell you more about what kicked off that binge later, because in that instance, I can trace it back to a single emotional event.

I attended my first face to face OA meeting tonight and I cried like a cork came out of a bottle. In fact, since I started this journey, I feel like I'm about 3 seconds away from crying at any given time. Later I came home and fixed myself some warm chicken broth.

More on the meeting experience later. As part of taking better care of myself, I promised myself I'd try to get to sleep at a decent hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment